Practical Drafting, published by U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management, is the authoritative resource that estate planners and administrators rely on to keep current. It provides expert perspective on a broad range of estate planning issues, and is a comprehensive research tool for answers to most estate planning questions. Written by Richard B. Covey, Esq. and Dan T. Hastings, Esq., Practical Drafting provides two powerful resources: Quarterly Commentaries, an ongoing journal and the Trust & Will Provisions Manual, a comprehensive formbook. Members of U.S. Trust's Office of Chief Fiduciary assist Messrs. Covey and Hastings with identifying topics of interest, research, and editing the publication. To see a sample of our lead articles and selected points of interest, please click here.
You may subscribe to Practical Drafting in one of three ways:
Annual subscription to Practical Drafting in hardcopy only.
- One year subscription includes the Trust & Will Provisions Manual and Quarterly Commentaries: $500
- Quarterly Commentaries sent by First-Class Mail: additional $25
Annual subscription to PD ROM, Practical Drafting on CD-ROM (a co-publication of U.S. Trust and Tax Analysts). PD ROM includes all Quarterly Commentaries from the first, (April 1982), to the most current. Each disc also includes the annotated Trust & Will Provisions Manual, an un-annotated version of the Manual, hyperlinks to the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations and discussions in prior issues.
- Standalone — one user at a time: $700
- Network — one or more users at a time: $800
Annual subscription to Practical Drafting in both hardcopy and PD ROM versions.
- Hardcopy subscription and PD ROM standalone subscription: $975
- Hardcopy subscription and PD ROM network subscription $1075
Marital Deduction and Credit Shelter Dispositions and the Use of Formula Provisions
This book and its annual supplement provides, in a single source, comprehensive and in-depth knowledge on this topic. It reflects all developments in this area since 1984, including the impact of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. The book features:
- Descriptions and comparisons of the principles behind pecuniary amount and fractional share credit shelter and marital deduction dispositions
- Estate planning considerations
- Model credit shelter and marital deduction forms
- A discussion of the impact of state death tax laws and the significance of IRC Sec. 2058
- An up-to-date appendix on state laws governing which types of dispositions
- An up-to-date state death tax survey chart
- An analysis of the Hubert regulations
This publication, acknowledged to be the single most useful work in this subject area, has been cited frequently over the years in case law as well as scholarly publications. You may order this book as a standalone order or with Practical Drafting.
- For subscribers of Practical Drafting and/or PD-ROM: $250
- For non-subscribers: $275
For ordering information, click here.
Practical Drafting® is published quarterly by U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management. The editor, assistant editor and associate editors are members of external law firms with which U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management has no affiliation.
Practical Drafting and Marital Deduction and Credit Shelter Dispositions and the Use of Formula Provisions are intended to provide information and guidance with respect to specific topics of interest to trust and estate lawyers and other professionals practicing in the field. They are not intended to provide individualized legal or other professional advice and should not be used as a substitute therefor. Neither the authors, the editorial staff nor the publisher assume any liability for the accuracy of content.
The information and views within are for informational purposes only and do not purport to address the financial objectives, situation or specific needs of any individual investor. Information in this brochure does not constitute legal, tax or investment advice.
U.S. Trust operates through Bank of America, N.A., and other subsidiaries of Bank of America Corporation.
Bank of America, N.A., Member FDIC.
©2016 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved. | ARD3P8VH | 00-21-3286NSB | BRO-10-16-0555 | 11/2016
Made with 10% post consumer waste (PCW) recycled paper. Leaf icon is a registered trademark of Bank of America Corporation